I have been getting tons of email’s about when the OS 5.0 is coming out for other devices now that the Storm 9530 update is out. The absolute truth is I do not have a clue at this point and time. When I know an exact time I will surely post it. In the meantime RIM® has released support document KB17984 which lists what devices will be eligible to get the 5.0 OS. Some restrictions and possible restrictions are listed below. Lets see what happens over the next few days/week or months. Hopefully soon though!
* BlackBerry® Pearl™ Flip 8200 series smartphones
* BlackBerry® Curve™ 8330 smartphones
* BlackBerry® Curve™ 8350i smartphones
* BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphones
* BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphones
* BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 series smartphones Verizon Now live!!
* BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphones
*BlackBerry smartphones must have more than 64MB of memory to support this version of BlackBerry Device Software. BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 is targeted to be supported by Research In Motion on the above noted BlackBerry smartphones.
* Not all wireless service providers will support BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 on all of the BlackBerry smartphones mentioned, as some wireless service providers will not carry all of these BlackBerry smartphone models, or may choose not to provide BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 for all of their BlackBerry smartphone models, so please check with your wireless service provider to determine the availability of BlackBerry Device Software 5.0.
You can check out the official support Document HERE!