RIM media relations sent us the following information. Vlingo has been around for a while and it is nice to see they continue to improve an already great application. Although the Pro version is packed with features a free version is also available. Links to both are provided below.
Info: Vlingo for BlackBerry, the Virtual Assistant that turns words into actions, has added French, German, Italian and Spanish language support. Non-English speaking users can now speak to Vlingo on their BlackBerry in their native language!
By speaking into their BlackBerry, Vlingo’s worldwide users can:
- Send a text or email message
- Search the web using Google or Yahoo!
- Call a contact
- Update their Facebook or Twitter status
- Dictate text into any text box with Vlingo Everywhere including: BBM, AIM, Yahoo, Windows Live
- Launch applications
- Hear text messages aloud via SafeReader
- Receive calendar reminders aloud via SafeReader (NEW!)