Mathias sent us an email and let us know about the current release of BBFileScout V. 1.1. with an additional add on. Here is what he had to say about this release.
Whats New in this Version?
Resize Images — Over the past couple of years, the file size of photos has increased rapidly due to the “Megapixel War”. This can make sending image files from your BlackBerry® device quite expensive (for metered data plans) and time consuming.
BBFileScout v1.1 now allows you to resize images to a user selected resolution — this will save you time, money, & also saves device or microSD memory! In a completely new ‘Image Option’ section, this new functionality can be user configured as follows:
1. Select the target resolution [1200px, 1024px, 800px, 640px, device resolution]
2. Select if the source file should be deleted after the resize image is created
3. Select PNG or JPG output
4. If JPG is selected, also choose the JPEG-quality
* New Option: Show favorites at startup [General Options]
* URL’s in BBFileScout about dialog will open the browser and bring you instantly to the website
Additional Information: Since I received user feedback that there is additionally the need for a user defined resolution setting in the new “Image Resize” function, I just have integrated this feature into BBFileScout. In the new ‘Image Option’ section you have an additional entry in the ‘target resolution’ called ‘user defined’.
What’s fixed in this Version?
* Option font size setting will also effect file & directory details dialog
* File & directory details dialog can be closed by pressing ESC
* Fix for ‘Uncaught exception – ApplicationRegistry.waitFor’
BBFileScout Core Features:
* BBFileScout is a file system browser for your BlackBerry® (including hidden files)
* Create directories, copy, move, rename, or delete files
* Zip and Unzip files or complete directory structures with your BlackBerry®
* Copy and delete complete directory structures
* Open all media files (supported by your BlackBerry®)
* Register additional file types with other (3rd party) applications (if supported)
* Open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you can edit, mark, copy, and paste text fragments of files that normally can’t be opened with your BlackBerry®. This can become very valuable when you receive email attachments that are not normally supported by your BlackBerry®
* Delete pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and ringtones in order to free memory on your device***
Please note: once these features are deleted, the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
* Display thumbnails for supported image files (if enabled in the options)
* Search for files and directories on your BlackBerry® device
* Send any file as an email attachment to your BB contacts
* Send any file via Bluetooth to another device that support OBEX
* Define a favorite directory list (as shortcuts)
* Show details for files & directories [modification date, is hidden, etc…]
* Resize images in order to save time and money when sending photos to your friends via your BlackBerry®
* Create playlists (across multiple folders)
You can make donations and get additional information HERE!
On your BlackBerry Now? Download OTA HERE!