This release deepens support for Twitter features and takes further advantage of the capabilities available in your BlackBerry device and includes two important integrations with third party services; TwitVid for sending your Über videos embedded in tweets, and Bit.ly for shortening the links you might include in your tweets.
Below is the list of features and bug fixes that made it into this release. See Below for future additions.
* Multiple Accounts – You can now configure multiple accounts, each with their own set of on-device preferences.
* You can now BLOCK people!
* Video Integration – We have partnered with TwitVid.com to offer you an outstanding video integration.
* Goto user – You can now enter twitter users name and go directly to their timeline
* URL Shortening – we’ve integrated with bit.ly so you can easily send those long URLs now and not bump up against the 140 limit
* MUCH faster photo uploads, significantly improving the user experience.
* Use of the internal GPS is now solidly supported with proper fallback to cell tower based location when GPS isn’t available.
* Icon Caching If you have and SD card, we will cache avatar icons on the card, increasing the speed of timeline displays and reducing network traffic.
* You can now select pictures and videos that have already been take and are on your device. The interface shows the most recent at the top and offers a preview so you can verify it is the picture/video you expected!
* When composing a tweet you can now insert symbols from a large selection of commonly available characters such as smiley’s, hearts, etc.
* Integrated advertisements – Please note, the ads are there to support the freely distributable version of ÜberTwitter. Users that purchase ÜberTwitter will not have advertisement in their version.
* We’ve streamlined the friends and followers lists
* You can now see both the number of friends, followers, and tweets sent when viewing the details of a tweet.
* Replying to a DM from the timeline will now correctly send a DM and not a regular tweet
* Fixed the bug in reply all where it would truncate some twitter user names
* Added reply all to the menu when viewing a tweet
Being worked on for next release:
* Notification icons on the homescreen! We have heard you loud and clear, we will be adding this.
* Integration of a high functionality third-party photo service – We are VERY excited about this as we believe that it will bring an extremely rich photo sharing experience to our users.
* Integration into the BlackBerry browser such that URLs can be included directly in a tweet from the browser menu.
* Saved searches – integrate the new Twitter saved search API. Searches saved via the Twitter web site will be use able on ÜberTwitter and vice versa
* Twitter name menu – Type ‘@’ and a list of your friends automatically pops up allowing selection
To pick up UberTwitter Beta-4 go HERE!