Telefónica O2 Ireland and Research In Motion today announced the launch of the new BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone in Ireland. The new handset is the latest addition to the BlackBerry Curve series of smartphones already carried by O2.
Key features of the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone include:
* Easy-to-use full-QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation
* 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced performance
* Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, and Bluetooth® (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
* 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
* Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry® Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync music from iTunes® or Windows Media® Player with the smartphone*
* Access to BlackBerry App World™, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more
* BlackBerry® Internet Service support for access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™; and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for corporate deployments
* Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16 GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
* Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g) for faster Web browsing and extended data coverage
* Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
To see the full Press Release go HERE!
To check out O2 UK website go HERE!