Yesterday we let you know that Verizon announced the Curve 3G (here) and today Sprint has announced their release dates and pricing for the Curve 3G. Sprint also says in the press release that the Curve 3G ships with BlackBerry® 5 out of the box and is BlackBerry® 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry® smartphones that will be available to Sprint BlackBerry Curve 3G customers in 2011.
“The BlackBerry Curve series continues to be a tremendous success,” said David Owens, vice president of Marketing for Sprint.
BlackBerry Curve 3G will be available beginning Sunday, Sept. 26, through Sprint’s direct ship sales channels including Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web sales (www.sprint.com) for $49.99 with a new two-year service agreement, after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes and surcharges excluded). It will then be available in all remaining Sprint sales channels beginning Sunday, Oct. 10.
The new BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone features a sleek and professional look with its slim and lightweight form factor, textured battery door and a new chrome-like finish in Graphite Gray or Royal Purple. BlackBerry Curve 3G has 512MB Flash memory as well as a MicroSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32GB memory cards for media storage.
See the Full Press Release Here.
For additional details and features of the New Curve 3G
The new BlackBerry® Curve™ 3G smartphone features a sleek and professional look with its slim and lightweight form factor, textured battery door and new chrome-like finish in Graphite Gray or Royal Purple. It comes with 512MB internal Flash memory as well as a MicroSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards for media storage. It supports a variety of multimedia applications including Sprint Music Store™, Sprint TV™ and Pandora™. It also boasts dedicated applications for a smoothly integrated social networking experience with Facebook®, MySpace™ and Flickr™. BlackBerry Curve 3G is also BlackBerry® 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for BlackBerry® smartphones that retains the trusted features that distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging experience that is both powerful and easy to use. Key enhancements include a new intuitive user interface, Social Feeds application, WebKit browser and universal search. Sprint BlackBerry Curve 3G customers will be able to update to BlackBerry 6 in 2011.
· BlackBerry® email with access to 10 supported business and personal email accounts and corporate email systems
· Documents To Go (included) offers ability to download and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
· Digital camera with support for video recording
· 512 MB Flash memory plus a MicroSD/SDHC slot for up to 32GB of media storage, 2GB card included
· Full QWERTY keyboard and trackpad for easy text messaging and navigation
· Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
· Integrated GPS
· Visual Voicemail
· Voice-Activated Dialing
· Speakerphone for easy hands-free operation
· BlackBerry App World™ bringing together a broad mix of free and paid mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
· Social networking with Facebook®, MySpace™ and Flicker™
· Sprint TV® with an extensive selection of live and on-demand programming
· Sprint Music Plusallowing users to wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone
· 3.5 mm headset jack
· Dedicated media keys to play, pause and skip songs
· Bluetooth® (2.1) for with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits (including systems that support the Bluetooth Message Access Profile standard) and other Bluetooth accessories
· Operating System: BlackBerry® 5; BlackBerry® 6 ready
· Dimensions: 4.3 inches x 2.4 inches x 0.55 inches
· Weight: 3.7 ounces
· Battery Specifications: 1150 mAh lithium ion (removable)
· Talk Time: Up to 4.5 hours continuous talk time
Did you like this? Share it: