The 2011 SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Swimsuit Issue, out tomorrow, will launch a mobile campaign that includes multiple videos and interactive content via mobile action codes that go beyond the pages of the magazine. The franchise has partnered with Massachusetts-based mobile engagement company Nellymoser and Microsoft Tag to engage readers on their mobile devices. Readers will have the ability to instantly:
- Vote for their favorite of the eight models competing for the chance to be a SI Swimsuit rookie in the 2012 issue. They can view photos and video of each model.
- Watch behind-the-scenes video of all 17 models in the 2011 issue.
- Share videos via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail.
- See their favorite 2011 models in "Model vs. Model," featuring swimsuit models matched with a Nissan car.
- Download SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's new Swimsuit Mobile App.
In addition to the action codes within the magazine, Microsoft Tags linked to mobile content will be placed on phone kiosks, subway posters, and signage in New York and Las Vegas. The Tags connect users to a swimsuit body paint mobile video that they can share with their Facebook friends. It also allowed users to preorder the 2011 issue or download the magazine's new Swimsuit App once it launches.
Nellymoser's design and creative services produced the mobile user experience. Their Mobile Engagement Platform detects the phone, network, and speed in real time to create the best possible presentation on virtually any mobile device, including Apple's iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android smartphone devices.