Research In Motion® (RIM® ) is hosting a BBM Apps Hackathon, August 11-12 in NYC, an exclusive event that gives developers the opportunity to participate in an apps-building marathon using the highly popular BBM Social Platform. RIM experts will be on hand to guide participants through different development approaches and techniques that leverage the viral/social functionality of BlackBerry® Messenger (BBM™) Social Platform and best integrate with applications.
To select the best developers for the Hackathon, RIM is running a contest beginning today, July 14, and ending July 22.
The eligibility criteria that developers need to meet to enter this contest include:
- have an idea for a new BlackBerry® application that incorporates BBM
- have the capability to build a BlackBerry smartphone app with their idea
- have a laptop with all the software, accessories and equipment needed to build their app, including a laptop loaded with BlackBerry® WebWorks™ or BlackBerry® Java®
- be a resident of the United States, District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Florida) or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- be able to travel to attend the BBM Apps Hackathon Event (“Event”), August 10-13, 2011, and be able to confirm such availability within 48 hours of potential winner notification from RIM
- understand that the Event will be filmed and that by participating in the BBM Apps Hackathon Contest, consent to the filming of your developer story and the use of your image
The winners selected to participate at the Hackathon in New York City will be announced on July 27.
For further resources on how to build an app using the BBM Social Platform, including information about the BBM Social Platform Webcast Series, developers can check http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/07/bbm-hackathon