Waterloo, ON – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) announced today the BlackBerry® Client for Microsoft SharePoint, delivering the most advanced mobile SharePoint solution on the market. The BlackBerry Client app provides a deeply integrated and intuitive mobile experience for users together with the market-leading manageability and security of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, providing a secure and cost-effective solution for businesses and government organizations.
“Our enterprise and government customers asked us to bring a highly refined mobile experience to SharePoint and we are delivering that today with the BlackBerry Client for Microsoft SharePoint,” said Alan Panezic, Vice President, Enterprise Product Management and Marketing at Research In Motion.
Connectivity between BlackBerry® smartphones and SharePoint servers is made possible with the market-leading BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software.
The complete solution features:
- Client app integration with core BlackBerry features and functions such as email, calendar, browser, and Universal Search providing an intuitive user experience
- Check-out, check-in, and versioning of files reflected on the SharePoint server
- Microsoft Office document editing using Documents To Go® (pre-installed on BlackBerry smartphones) to download, create, revise and upload documents
- Access to Blogs, Wikis and Lists and the ability to update from a BlackBerry smartphone
- Content searches across multiple SharePoint sites from a BlackBerry smartphone