RIM media relations let us know that Today RIM announced its new lineup of BlackBerry 7 OS smartphones. With more than 225 carriers around the world completing certification programs for the new devices, this will be RIM’s largest global launch ever. The new line consists of the following:
· BlackBerry Bold 9900 Series: The Bold 9900 and 9930 are the thinnest BlackBerry smartphones ever, and the first Bold devices to combine the iconic BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard with a brilliant touch display, as well as the first BlackBerry smartphones to include built-in support for NFC.
· BlackBerry Torch 9810: The faster and more fluid new BlackBerry Torch 9810 builds on the popular design of the BlackBerry Torch 9800, featuring a large 3.2”, high resolution touch display and a distinctive BlackBerry slide-out keyboard.
· BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860: The new all-touch BlackBerry Torch 9850 and 9860 features a 3.7” display, the largest ever on a BlackBerry smartphone, making it fully optimized for displaying photos, videos, and powerful gaming experiences.
Through the new BlackBerry 7 operating system, users will enjoy a much smoother and faster BlackBerry experience:
· Faster browsing
· Proprietary Liquid Graphics™ technology for seamless touch screen navigation
· Voice activated universal search
· New augmented reality experiences that can be seamlessly integrated with BBM 6
· A comprehensive list of pre-installed apps, including: BBM™ 6, BlackBerry® App World™, BlackBerry® Balance, BlackBerry® Protect, and more
These BlackBerry smartphones will be available from carriers around the world starting later this month. For additional information, please refer to the links below:
Press Release: http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=5071