TopoSports let us know they are offering fully offline, GPS accurate, topo maps covering entire USA(Alaska coming soon) for outdoor sports enthusiasts – bikers, hikers etc. The app also offers around 3500 featured quads covering popular destinations like Yosemite, YellowStone etc. in easy to download packages.
The base data for maps is derived from USGS 1:24K DRGs, wherever available.
(Verizon users – GPS features work on Blackberry Tour and Storm).
WIFI recommended. If you have WIFI support in your phone, use the WIFI network option of app to download maps quickly. From our app use (Network Options / Select Wifi. Click Diagnose.). Each map is 5MB to 10 MB in download size.
* – Download topo maps of any quad in US for offline usage: You can Download 1:24K scale maps of any quad in US(Alaska coming soon). The maps have been projected for WGS84 datum and are GPS accurate for all mobile devices. You can search for maps by feature name or select from 3500+ featured quads for popular destinations.
* – Seamless mosaicing of quads
* – Distance/Bearing tool
* – Create custom way points: Two modes for waypayoint creation are supported: Automatic using device GPS or via manual selection.
* – Geographic names layer for each quad.
* – Search POIs/Way points offline by name.
* – Pan/zoom/locate yourself
* – Record GPS tracks : Supports both built in GPS and BlueTooth
* – View tracks overlay for bird’s eyeview of your tracks.
* – Live track animation
* – Track analytics/stats: Distance covered, Average speed, Maximum speed, Time taken, Pace (time taken to cover a mile or km), Calories burned, Vertical ascent/descent
* – Export tracks in GPX format to SDCard: GPX tracks are viewable on Google earth.