With the steady increase of BlackBerry Devices that are WiFi capable this will be a very handy app to help save battery life.
- Remembers your saved WiFi locations.
- Up to 100 WiFi locations supported!
- Turns WiFi off when not needed: saves a lot of battery!
- Powers WiFi back on when you are back.
- Saves battery by avoiding your device to constantly check for available WiFi hotspot.
- Displays useful information: BSSID, SSID, Data Rate, Radio Band and Signal Level.
How it works
SmartWiFi leverages from the BlackBerryÂ® always being connected to the network carrier. By combining cell tower and WiFi hotspot information WiFi is turned off when not needed and turned back on when needed. Because WiFi is one of the biggest consumers of battery power (when searching for WiFi networks) this has a tremendous effect on your battery life.
How SmartWiFi Saves Battery
By remembering cell tower information, SmartWiFi detects when you leave your hotspot area (e.g. home or office) and WiFi is turned off automatically. From now on you save a lot of battery power!
How to Get Connected again
SmartWiFi detects when you come back to a hotspot area (e.g. home or office) based on the network carrier’s cell tower information. WiFi can be used as usual.
You can pick this up in our Store HERE!