S4BB improved the already popular Smart WiFi application with the latest v2.0 that adds lots of new features. The new version has an improved stability and comes with a new functionality; Bed Time option! This function allows you to automatically switch off your WiFi when your sleeping, saving battery power.
How it works: SmartWiFi leverages from the BlackBerry® always being connected to the network carrier. By combining cell tower and WiFi hotspot information WiFi is turned off when not needed and turned back on when needed. Because WiFi is one of the biggest consumers of battery power when searching for WiFi networks this has a tremendous effect on your battery life.
Smart WiFi 2.0 Features:
- Manage your WiFi: save all WiFi locations you use, auto-add newly connected ones, up to 100 WiFi locations can be saved!
- Save Battery power: Smart WiFi turns off WiFi when not needed.
- NEW! – Redesigned user interface: a new cleaner navigation allows more intuitive navigation.
- NEW! – Bed Time option added: adapt your Smartphone to your sleeping hours! SmartWifi switches off your WiFi when you’re asleep, thus saving battery power.
- NEW! – Saves even more battery and memory: SmartWiFi is more efficient and runs now without icon silently in background.
Existing users of Smart WiFi 1.x can upgrade for $0.99 only. New users can purchase Smart WiFi 2.0 for $4.99 with free updates within version 2 (all 2.x updates are free of charge).