Today, Research In Motion and Sprint introduced the BlackBerry Style 9670 – the first full-QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry in a flip form factor. With dual high resolution displays, the BlackBerry Style is great for previewing messages, phone calls, music and calendar reminders. Its elegant design allows users to be fashionable while staying connected, and the full QWERTY keyboard makes email, messaging and BlackBerry Messenger easy. Since it’s the second BlackBerry smartphone to ship with BlackBerry 6, the Style’s WebKit browser, integrated social feeds and enhanced multimedia features offer a powerful and engaging BlackBerry experience.
The BlackBerry Style smartphone will be available nationally on Oct. 31 for $99.99 (after a $100 mail-in rebate). Starting Tuesday, customers can also reserve the Steel Grey BlackBerry Style smartphone at www.sprint.com/bbstyle to be purchased on October 31. The Royal Purple color will be available in November.
To learn more about the new BlackBerry Style smartphone, please visit www.blackberry.com/style.
Key features of the BlackBerry Style include:
· 5MP camera with flash, autofocus and support for video recording
· Available in Royal Purple and Steel Grey colors
· External high resolution display (240 x 320), internal high resolution display (360 x 400)
· Dual Band CDMA/EVDO Rev. A; CDMA 800; CDMA 1900
· Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
· 512 MB Flash, microSDHC memory card slot (up to 32 GB)
· BlackBerry App World pre-loaded
· BlackBerry 6, including:
o Graphical, context-sensitive pop-up menus and crisp visuals
o A robust WebKit browser for efficient browsing with support for tabbed browsing
o Redesigned core apps and new apps for downloading podcasts, watching YouTube videos, and integrating RSS and social networking feeds