Scenario: Watching Netflix on my TV through my P.C.
Problem: Conveniently controlling the P.C. from across the room without buying aftermarket media remotes and sensors.
Solution: Get MobiMouse for my BlackBerry Torch!
Kind of cheesy introduction I know but it’s a real life solution. In my master bedroom the tv is directly above my desk so it’s convenient enough to connect it to my P.C. for Netflix use, but when laying in bed watching a television series getting up every time I need to change episodes or adjust the volume is a huge pain. MobiMouse is the perfect solution for this scenario and many other scenarios I’m sure.
MobiMouse is not just a simple remote control app either they have actually done a lot with it(If you had it after it first came out but haven’t tried it in a while I suggest you check it out again). One of my favorite features is the ability to customize a ton of shortcuts to make it even easier to personalize your remote control experience.
See the official store description after the break
FREE 7 Day Trial
Turn your BlackBerry into a Wired or Wireless Mouse and Keyboard with MobiMouse!
MobiMouse supports USB, Bluetooth, WiFi and Mobile connections.
Mobimouse allows you to control the Windows cursor with your BlackBerry trackball or the touchpad on your BlackBerry Storm.
NEW! Version 1.5 has "Motion Control" which lets you control the cursor by tilting your BlackBerry Storm!
Press the trackball for left click and the escape key for right click.
You can even adjust the Windows volume control using the volume keys on your BlackBerry or press the mute key on your BlackBerry to mute the sound.
Mobimouse supports full use of the BlackBerry keyboard. You can type on your Blackberry it will show up in whatever Windows application your are currently using.
MobiMouse allows you to assign Windows Applications & Shortcuts to BlackBerry convenience keys. For example, you can launch Windows Media Player, iTunes, PowerPoint, or even a DVR application right from your BlackBerry! You can also assign shortcuts to close an application, open the default Browser, Task Manger, and many more!
Use the "Arrow Mode" in the menu to simulate pressing the arrow keys on the Keyboard. This is great for controlling a program guide on your Media PC or navigating a spreadsheet or menu that typically use the arrow keys.
Version 1.3 of MobiMouse has password support for IP Networks and supports connections via most mobile networks.
MobiMouse is great for a Windows Media PC or for giving presentations with PowerPoint.
Don’t carry a mouse around with your notebook – use MobiMouse!
- NEW! Media & Browser shortcuts!
- NEW! Wake On LAN (See Instructions)
- Motion Control using Accelerometer (Storm only)
- Support for Media Keys (BlackBerry 8520, 8530 only)
- Tap touchscreen to show/hide keyboard (storm only)
- Access Scroll & Drag Mode from the Menu
- Click & Hold Trackball or Touchscreen for Drag Mode
- Assign Apps & Shortcuts to the BlackBerry Escape Key
- Simulate Scroll Wheel with Alt+Trackball (Trackball devices only)
- Full Screen Portrait & Landscape mode on Storm
- Connect using the mobile network
- Use Arrow Mode to simulate pressing Arrow Keys
- Adjust the Backlight Brightness and Timeout
- Options to Hibernate, Suspend or Logoff the PC
- Assign Windows Apps & Shortcuts to Convenience Keys
- Remotely Control a Windows PC
- Wired or Wireless Control
- Move the cursor with the trackball or touch screen
- Control Windows Master Volume
- Escape key to right click
- Works with USB, Bluetooth, WiFi & Mobile
- Support most Windows Bluetooth Stacks
- Works with Windows 32 & 64 bit systems
- No need to carry extra mouse with laptop
- Use MobiMouse with your Media PC
- Use MobiMouse for PowerPoint Presentations
- Use MobiMouse to type on the keyboard
- BlackBerry OS 4.5 or Greater (188.8.131.52 for WiFi)
- Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2K w/ .NET Framework 2.0+
- BlackBerry desktop software or USB drivers for USB
- Built in bluetooth or bluetooth Adapter for Bluetooth
- WiFi enabled PC & BlackBerry on a WLAN for WiFi
- Data plan & port forwarding for mobile connections
- How to Adjust Trackpad and TouchScreen Sensitivity
- Home Screen > Options > Screen/Keyboard (OS 6.0 use "Typing and Input")
- Select TouchScreen or TrackPad Sensitivity and adjust as desired
- How To Turn Off Word Completion (Storm w/ 5.0)
- Home Screen > Options > Language and Text Input
- Change Input Style to "Auto Correction"
- You must enter your BlackBerry PIN on the order form when purchasing this product. The PIN is an 8 digit code used to identify your BlackBerry; it may contain letters as well as numbers. If you do not enter your PIN correctly on the order form, your registration code will not work.
160×160, 240×160, 240×240, 240×260, 240×320, 320×240, 480×320, 480×360
4.5, 4.6, 4.7 Non-Touch, 4.7 Touch Screen, 5.0 Non-Touch, 5.0 Touch Screen, 6.0 Non-Touch, 6.0 Touch Screen