Matthias let us know that the powerful File Scout application has been updated to version 2.5. This new version of FileScout offers direct access to your Dropbox which makes FileScout an official listed Dropbox application:
FileScout is a file manager for your BlackBerry® device. Beside the core functionality like browsing over the file system of your BlackBerry®, create directories, copy, move, rename, (un)zip or delete files, or open your media files directly, FileScout also allows you to open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you are able to edit, mark, copy and paste text fragments of these files that normally can't be opened with your BlackBerry®. Additionally FileScout allows you to easily save your favorites, search for files, manipulate images (resize & rotate), send files via email or Bluetooth, archive your eMails & SMS or capture screenshots from your device.
This makes FileScout the ultimate all in one file, zip, text and image manager for your BlackBerry®
FileScout Dropbox Plugin Integration
- Download single files, list of files or complete folders (not recursive) from your Dropbox to any folder of your BlackBerry Device. This can be done by navigating to the destination folder and select Receive from… from the #Menu within Filescout and in the following popup Dialog select Dropbox.
- Upload a single file, a selection of files or complete folders (not recursive) from your BlackBerry® Device to your Dropbox. Select a file, multiple files or a folder and select Send to… from the #Menu within FileScout and in the following popup Dialog select Dropbox.
- When you are uploading a file, files or a folder you can also create a new directory at your Dropbox.
- FileScout is caching the folder and file structure of your Dropbox if you like to force a refresh you can do this via the Refresh #Menu
- Display file or folder details for any item on your Dropbox (key short cut [O|I])
- FileScout Dropbox Options:
- Logout – disconnect FileScout from your Dropbox account
- Enable/disable Online Warning Message (warning about transfer volume)
- When you use "Auto" as FileScout Options/General Options/Preferred Network setting you can disable certain fallback transports – e.g. when your BES Admin have blocked access to the Dropbox URL.
- Enable/configure a warning notification if a transfer will exceed a certain volume – you can select between OFF, 1 MiB, 5 MiB, 25 MiB and 200 MiB
- Check for FileScout Dropbox Plugin Update button
- Clear FileScout Dropbox Plugin Cache button – FileScout is caching the folder structure of Dropbox – this cache can be flushed via this function.
- FileScout Caches will be initiated on device start (and not on each start of FileScout):
- FileScout will now start way much faster
- Search and GoTo-Directory functions are instantly available after FileScout is started
- Previously generated Thumbnails will be displayed right after the start
- On application exit Thumbnails Cache will not be written – so the application close right away
- Thumbnail Cache will be fully automated written (when an updated is required) every 24h in the background
- Thumbnails will be automatically generated (in the background) when a new image is created on the device
- The complete new behavior & functions can be of course switched off in general options of FileScout
- FileScout will handle the SDCard insert or remove events
- New key short cut [SHIFT]+[T]: Goto Top of the file list
- New key short cut [SHIFT]+[B]: Goto Bottom of the file list