Chris from DubMeNow just let us know that their first ‘Powered by DUB‘ platform product just launched. It’s a BlackBerry app for students and will be in 700 schools next year through Datatel. The release for BlackBerry Devices is expected to happen in the first quarter of 2010. I can see Datatel mobile app being a can’t miss, big hit for College’s/Campus/Universites everywhere!
What does Datatel Mobile Offer?
BlackBerry Devices armed with Datatel Mobile allow owners to access information such as personal class schedules, including individual class assignments, class rosters, events, announcements, and documents. There’s a student, faculty, and staff directory with important contact information for campus security, the campus health center, and more, all available from the user’s mobile phone. To promote institutional affinity, user interfaces on smartphones can be customized and branded by each college or university.
Datatel will formally introduce and demonstrate its Datatel Mobile™ app to higher education professionals this week at EDUCAUSE 2009 in Denver. Datatel Mobile, built in conjunction with DubMeNow, is a tightly integrated mobile app for prospective students, students, faculty, staff, and alumni that fully leverages Datatel’s intelligent learning platform and Colleague® administration system.
Other features of Datatel Mobile include the ability to:
· Easily exchange contact information; including email, phone, address, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, IM, and more from phone to phone;
· Receive automatic address book updates whenever contacts update their info (new email, social network, address, etc.);
· Access information about public and private campus events and about events limited to specific groups such as students, faculty, and staff;
· Receive personalized notifications such as security alerts and library past-due notices;
· Personalize newsfeeds from the institution, and
· Follow a GPS-enabled campus map to classroom buildings and other facilities.
You can check out what DUB has to offer from our previous article HERE!
Full Press Release is available HERE!