The Chevrolet Volt is an electric vehicle with extended-range capability will offer the OnStar’s Mobile Application that takes technology beyond the battery and allows Volt drivers to communicate with their vehicle from BlackBerry Storm smartphones. It uses a real-time data connection to perform tasks such as displaying the charge status and setting grid-friendly charge modes.
* Displays charge status – plugged in or not, and voltage (120V or 240V)
* Provides flexibility to “Charge Now” or schedule charge timing
* Displays percentage of battery charge level, electric and total mileage ranges
* Allows owner to manually set grid-friendly charge mode for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest
* Sends text or e-mail notifications for charge reminders, interruptions and full charge
* Displays miles per gallon, electric-only miles and odometer readings
* Shows miles per gallon, EV miles and miles driven for last trip and lifetime
* Remotely starts the vehicle to pre-condition the interior temperature
OnStar mobile app for the Chevrolet VOLT is scheduled to launch later in 2010.
You can check out all the details by going HERE!