I was going to download this app and try it out but prior to the download it asked for me to enroll on a secure site so i did not install. For anyone that uses ING Direct and downloads the app, please leave a comment on how it works.
Press Release Excerpts:
From checking email at the beach to tweeting a movie review at the box office, Americans do everything on the go. Now, to help them invest on the run and on their own terms, ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT USA today launched a free mobile application for iPhone® and Blackberry® devices, giving investors continued access to their brokerage accounts.
“Americans are taking a more hands-on approach to their own investing decisions. ShareBuilder is making it easier than ever for investors to trade, manage their own investments and access their hard earned money when they want, no matter where they are. Our mobile application puts the financial world in the palm of investors’ hands,” said Dan Greenshields, President of ShareBuilder.
ShareBuilder Mobile helps investors take financial control to the next level. The mobile application provides investors with:
- Mobile Access. In the office, at the airport or on the beach, ShareBuilder Mobile gives investors fast, safe and secure access to their account balances and the ability to easily view their account positions.
- Mobile Money Transfers. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors safely and securely move money to and from their account and check the status of their transfers at any time.
- Mobile Trading. With ShareBuilder Mobile, investors will never miss another trading opportunity. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors buy and sell stocks and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and place market, limit and stop-loss orders.
- Mobile Market News. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors move to the beat of the market with access to the latest market news, stock quotes and charts for the day’s market movers.
- Mobile Watch Lists. Investors can follow their favorite stocks with ShareBuilder Mobile by creating and managing watch lists on the go.
ShareBuilder Mobile is supported by the iPhone®, iPod touch®, Blackberry® Tour™, Blackberry® Bold™, Blackberry® Storm™ and Blackberry® Curve™. More information about ShareBuilder Mobile is available at www.sharebuilder.com/mobile.
Invest, Snap and Win Facebook Photo Contest
To encourage mobile users to experience and capture the thrill of mobile investing, ShareBuilder will be launching the “Invest, Snap and Win” Facebook photo contest. Beginning the week of July 12, fans of ShareBuilder’s Facebook page can share photos of themselves investing in unique and remote locations and upload them for a chance to win a $10,000 grand prize. Fans of ShareBuilder’s Facebook page will vote for their favorite photos. Second place will receive $5,000 and 10 runners up will each receive an iPad. Visit www.facebook.com/sharebuilder the week of July 12 for more details.
Full Press Release HERE!