BlackBerry Messenger has been updated in the BlackBerry Beta Zone to v184.108.40.206. If you are a member of the Beta zone you should be able to login and get the update now. Beta zone link is provided below. This update does require the keycode via beta zone downloads. Restart device after install/update
The new features and enhancements for BlackBerry Messenger 6.2 include the following items
- Animated display pictures – More animated display pictures are now built into BBM. Change your picture to suit your mood.
- Change your name or message inline – You can quickly change your name or status message without leaving your contact list by clicking the text at the top of the screen. To exit inline editing, just scroll down. You can still access your profile screen by clicking your display picture.
- Streamlined voice notes – When your convenience key set to open BlackBerry Messenger, if you highlight a contact in BBM and press the convenience key, you can start recording a voice note. Once you’re done, pressing the convenience key again will send the voice note. Group chats. You can return to the default color at any time.
- BlackBerry Tag enhancements – Adding contacts has never been easier. If your BlackBerry smartphone supports NFC technology, you can turn on the Allow Automatic Invitations by Tapping option. Then, as long as you or someone else has BBM open, you can add each other as contacts by aligning the backs of your smartphones. This feature requires that you both have the latest version of BBM installed on smartphones that support NFC technology.
- Improved search – When typing the name of a contact or group, the search ignores special characters and emoticons to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Resend a message – If a message didn’t send (for example, if your smartphone was outside of a wireless coverage area), you can highlight the message and select Resend from the menu.