We knew this version of BlackBerry Bridge would need to be around to take advantage of all the features with the upcoming PlayBook OS 2.0. Looks like PlayBook 2.0 release is almost upon us, because BlackBerry Bridge update is rolling out as we speak. This new version of BlackBerry Bridge is version v220.127.116.11 and offers the following new features/changes.
Note: Bridge Remote control feature requires BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 to be installed on your Tablet
- Use your smartphone’s keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen to remotely control your PlayBook
- Open attachments, files and Browser URLs directly on your PlayBook Tablet from your BlackBerry Smartphone menu
- Copy/Paste from anywhere in your BlackBerry Bridge PlayBook apps
- Use device Properties menu to turn on and Off BlackBerry Bridge email calendar, and address book accounts
- Improve stability with multiple apiring and connectivity bug fixes
- Various UX improvements
Pair your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet with a BlackBerry® smartphone to get even more features.
BlackBerry® Bridge is an app you can download to your smartphone to get access to your email, calendar, contacts, memo pad, tasks and BBM—all on the large tablet display. Depending on your wireless service provider you can even browse the web using your existing BlackBerry smartphone’s data plan.
*Note: If you’re having trouble re-installing BlackBerry Bridge, upgrade or re-download the latest available version of App World 3.1.0.x, which is available OTA via www.blackberry.com/AppWorld