Popular Privacy App Features New User Interface, Ability to Report Unfair Debt Collection Practices and Support for BlackBerry OS 6
First Orion, a corporation with a significant intellectual property portfolio dedicated to phone privacy and preference, today announced PrivacyStar 2.0 for BlackBerry smartphones. PrivacyStar 2.0 features a completely new user interface making it easier to navigate the app’s extensive feature-set, which includes unlimited and comprehensive call blocking, Do Not Disturb with custom and automatic text messaging, reverse Caller Lookup and the ability to report telemarketing violators of Do Not Call laws in both the United States and Canada.
PrivacyStar Features and Benefits
- Simple to Use – After receiving an unwanted call, select the number from the call activity list in PrivacyStar to add to the Privacy List and that call will be blocked in the future
- Caller Lookup – PrivacyStar Caller Lookup allows a user to identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List
- SmartBlock – Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the top offenders – kept current according to user activity
- Do Not Disturb – Forwards all non blocked incoming calls to voicemail and sends a custom text message acknowledging the call
- Report Potential Telemarketing and Debt Collection Violations – Upon the user’s request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action
- Web Portal – Utilize the fully integrated personal web portal to manage the PrivacyStar account, block and unblock callers, and perform number look-ups. The portal also provides additional details on violations
PrivacyStar’s broad feature-set includes comprehensive and unlimited call blocking. BlackBerry owners can block individual numbers, entire area codes or all private and unknown numbers. PrivacyStar subscribers can enter wild card numbers to block an entire area code or to stop potential spoofed numbers.
All Do Not Call complaints and blocked calls can be managed, including unblocking, from a personal web portal that is automatically synced with the device.
PrivacyStar is available for a 7 day free trial. Price is $2.99 (USD) per month or for discounted semi-annual and annual periods. Available at Blackberry App World Here.