Research In Motion announced that BlackBerry App World™ is now available to BlackBerry® smartphone customers in Australia and New Zealand, bringing together a broad mix of free mobile applications.
Customers can now download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com. BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks in Australia and New Zealand and it automatically presents customers with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
Key Current Features:
- Front Page Carousel – BlackBerry App World showcases several applications on its front page carousel, making it easy for users to browse through a select number of featured applications. Featured applications will vary from time to time, helping users discover new applications for practically every aspect of life.
- Top Downloads – The “Top Downloads” area on BlackBerry App World lists applications that are the most downloaded.
- Categories – BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories, including entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- Search/Filter – BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
- Reviews – Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can easily access and read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
- Recommend – BlackBerry App World users can recommend applications to other people through email, PIN, SMS message or BlackBerry® Messenger.
- Application Storage – BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to uninstall and re-install applications.
- Application Archiving: users can archive applications to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Update Notifications: Users are notified of updates to applications they’ve downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
- BlackBerry App World is also accessible from a user’s desktop computer at www.blackberry.com/appworld.
Source (Full Press Release HERE!)