Press Release Excerpts:
RIM® annouced today that BlackBerry App World™ is now available to BlackBerry smartphone users in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Venezuela, with more Latin American country launches to follow.* (*BlackBerry App World is available for BlackBerry smartphones that include a trackball, touch-sensitive trackpad or touch-screen running BlackBerry device software version 4.2 or higher. Users require an active BlackBerry data service plan to access BlackBerry App World. Data charges may apply for customers that have limited data plans.)
The new on-device application store brings together a broad mix of free personal and business applications for Latin American users to discover. Users in these countries can download the BlackBerry App World application to their BlackBerry smartphone by visiting the links listed below. or mobile.blackberry.com from their handset. BlackBerry App World is designed to automatically present the relevant catalog of applications available for a user’s specific BlackBerry smartphone model. Users can conveniently access BlackBerry App World over both Wi-Fi® and cellular networks. Also users can currently choose to download BlackBerry App World in English or Spanish. A Portuguese version of the client interface is expected to be available later in 2009**. (**BlackBerry App World is not currently available in Brazilian Portuguese. Not all applications are available in multiple languages. Check individual applications for language support.)
BlackBerry App World features currently include:
* Front Page Carousel – BlackBerry App World showcases several applications on its front page carousel, making it easy for users to browse through a select number of featured applications. Featured applications will vary from time to time, helping users discover new applications for practically every aspect of life.
* Top Downloads – The “Top Downloads” area on BlackBerry App World lists applications that are the most downloaded.
* Categories – BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories. Categories include games, entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
* Search/Filter – BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
* Reviews – Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can easily access and read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
* Recommend – BlackBerry App World users can recommend applications to other people through email, PIN, SMS message or BlackBerry® Messenger.
* Application Storage – BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to uninstall and re-install applications.
* Application Archiving: users can archive applications to a micro SD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
* Update Notifications: Users are notified of updates to applications they’ve downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
# BlackBerry App World in Latin America offers a broad range of free applications today. Purchasable applications will become available for Latin American users at a later date.
Full Press Release HERE!
Get BlackBerry App World on your Desktop by going HERE!
On your BlackBerry Now? You can download BlackBerry App World HERE!