Since Verizon has released BlackBerry 6 for the Bold 9650 and the Curve 3G, RIM media relations sent us a few tips that can help those new to BlackBerry 6. If you are a Torch user….. who knows you may find this useful as well.
BlackBerry 6 Home Screen Tips Save You Time
BlackBerry 6 makes it even faster to find what you're looking for! These tips for navigating the BlackBerry home screen help you do more with the BlackBerry 6 operating system and save you time!
· To automatically launch Universal Search, start typing or select the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the home screen
· To add an icon to the Favorites view, select the icon and press and hold the trackpad, then click on Mark as Favorite from the pop-up menu
· For quick access to Manage Connections, Alarm and Options screens, select the top of the Home Screen
· To easily view your most recent messages (such as email, text, BlackBerry® Messenger), phone calls, upcoming appointments, Facebook® and Twitter® notifications simply select the Notification Bar directly below the clock on the Home Screen
· To easily access your contacts, you can add them to the Home Screen:
o In the Contacts application, highlight the contact you want to add
o Press the Menu key
o Select Add to Home Screen, then Add
BlackBerry 6, the new BlackBerry operating system, is available on the BlackBerry Torch, BlackBerry Style, BlackBerry Bold 9780 and now the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Curve 3G from Verizon Wireless. For a free download of BlackBerry 6 for your BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Curve 3G for Verizon Wireless, visit www.blackberry.com/update