Thanks to Matthias for the information on the update. I have covered a few of these updates in the past. It is hard to imagine that an already great application continues to improve.
* Thumbnail support for images (if enabled in BBFileScout options)
BBFileScout is able to display a small (depending on the selected font site) preview of supported image files.
Please note that this option could eat up a lot of performance of your device, if you open a directory that contain a large number of images that have a file size which is larger the 500KiB. In order to avoid serious performance problems the search result will not display thumbnails for images.
* BBFileScout will display a 128px preview of image files in the details dialog [Key shortcut: I] The thumbnail creation could take some moments – so please be a bit patient.
* When you have chosen ‘Ask each time’ in the ‘When destination exist’ option then it can become quite inconvenient when you will be prompted for plenty of files and you have to select each time the option of your choice. This have been improved: BBFileScout will now remember the first made choice and for the next time the dialog will be displayed the ‘OK’-Button is automatically focused.
(Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout)
* BBFileScout allows you to browse the file system of your BB (including hidden files)
* Create directories, copy, move, rename or delete files
* Zipping files or complete directory structures
* Extracting Zip archives (incl. structures)
* Furthermore BBFileScout supports copying and deleting of complete directory structures
* You can open all (by your Blackberry® supported) media files
* Register additional file types with other (3’rd party) applications (like pdf’s)
* BBFileScout allows you to open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text, so you are able to edit, mark, copy & paste text fragments of these files that normally can’t be opened with your Blackberry®. This can become very valuable when you receive eMail attachments that are not native supported by your Blackberry®
* With BBFileScout you can delete pre installed wallpapers, videos and ringtones in order to free memory on your device*** – but please note, that once they are deleted the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
* Send any file as eMail attachment to your BB contacts
* Send any file via Bluetooth to another Device that support OBEX
* Easy & smart creation of Playlists (across multiple folders)
* Define a favorite directory list (as shortcuts)
BBFileScout Download and additional details HERE!
Download BBFileScout OTA HERE!
BBFileScout is offered on a ‘pay-what-you-want’ base (Donationware) HERE!