Matthias let us know that BBFileScout has been updated to version 0.6.
The change from 0.5.x to 0.6 has added a new search function.
- Search for any file or directory on your Blackberry® device:
At any time you can press the [SHIFT+S] or [SHIFT+A] short cut which will open the search popup dialog. Now you can enter the file/directory name you are searching for. You can also use the ‘*’ as wildcard char. Here are some examples:
- Typing ‘red*’ will find all files or directories that start with ‘red’
- Typing ‘*red*’ will find all files or directories containing the char sequence ‘red’
- Typing ‘*.png’ will find all files with the extension .png
- Typing ‘*.’ will find all directories (not supported on all OS)
- Also working – but not recommended: Type ‘*’ to get a complete list of all of your files
After you have pressed the ‘Search’ button the initial ‘Empty’ List will be filled with search result hit’s (if there are any) – Please note, that the Search result will be sorted alphabetically. You will be informed, that the search is completed by the text ‘Search complete’ beside the ‘Search’-Button itself. Now you can mark any search result hit and either open the Menu or:
- Press [ENTER] to open the file or directory
Please note, that when you open a file BBFileScout will jump automatically to the parent directory of this file
- Press [O|P] to open the parent directory in which the file/directory is located (and the specific file/directory will be selected)
- Press [U|I] to open the file/directory details dialog in order to get additional information like the full file/directory path
Once you opened a file/directory or the parent directory you can go back to your search result by pressing [SHIFT+S] or [SHIFT+A] again – this will show the Search popup Dialog (in the same state as you have let it) again.
- File details [added property]:
- Path in which the file is located
- Directory details [added property]:
- Path in which the directory is located
- Key short cuts [‘Search Files/Directories’ popup]:
[ENTER]: Start the search | Open the current selected file or directory [O|P]: Open (P)arent Directory [U|I]: (I)nformation about selected file or directory [file details] [ESC]: Cancel – close the popup dialogue
* BBFileScout allows you to browse the file system of your BB (including hidden files)
* Create directories, copy, move, rename or delete files
* Zipping files or complete directory structures
* Extracting Zip archives (incl. structures)
* Furthermore BBFileScout supports copying and deleting of complete directory structures
* You can open all (by your Blackberry® supported) media files
* Register additional file types with other (3’rd party) applications (like pdf’s)
* BBFileScout allows you to open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text, so you are able to edit, mark, copy & paste text fragments of these files that normally can’t be opened with your Blackberry®. This can become very valuable when you receive eMail attachments that are not native supported by your Blackberry®
* With BBFileScout you can delete pre installed wallpapers, videos and ringtones in order to free memory on your device*** – but please note, that once they are deleted the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
* Send any file as eMail attachment to your BB contacts
* Send any file via Bluetooth to another Device that support OBEX
* Easy & smart creation of Playlists (across multiple folders)
* Define a favorite directory list (as shortcuts)
Download BBFileScout and see all available Features by Going HERE!
Additional Screen shots can be see HERE!
BBFileScout is pay-what-you-want (Donationware): If you find the application useful then please make a donation. HERE!