Mathias sent us an email and let us know about the current release of BBFileScout V. 1.0. Here is what he had to say about this release.
“Over the past several months, I have considered significant user feedback as I added all of the essential features in order to make BBFileScout the premier BlackBerry® file system manager. It is with these latest enhancements to the user interface for the Options that I proudly release BBFileScout version 1.0 to the BlackBerry® community. Hopefully, the reviewers and the community at large will agree.”
* Options reorganized – on BlackBerry® devices it’s quite common to separate the application options into various screens – this makes the options way more organized and easier to understand.
See also the updated BBFileScout options documentation.
* Path entry fields (Startup Path, Thumbnail Storage & Playlist Directory) show now an additional button that allows you to browse in the file system to make an appropriate selection (in the past this was only possible via the menu)
BBFileScout Core Features:
* BBFileScout is a file system browser for your BlackBerry® (including hidden files)
* Create directories, copy, move, rename, or delete files
* Zip files or complete directory structures
* Extract Zip archives (incl. structures)
* Copy and delete complete directory structures
* Open all media files (supported by your BlackBerry®)
* Register additional file types with other (3rd party) applications (if supported)
* Open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you can edit, mark, copy, and paste text fragments of files that normally can’t be opened with your BlackBerry®. This can become very valuable when you receive email attachments that are not normally supported by your BlackBerry®
* Delete pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and ringtones in order to free memory on your device***
Please note: once these features are deleted, the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
* Display thumbnails for supported image files (if enabled in the options)
* Search for files and directories on your BlackBerry® device
* Send any file as an email attachment to your BB contacts
* Send any file via Bluetooth to another device that support OBEX
* Create playlists (across multiple folders)
* Define a favorite directory list (as shortcuts)
* Show details for files & directories [modification date, is hidden, etc…]
* More to come? – is there really something you miss for a file manager applic
for Devices with OS 4.3+
BBFileScout Home Page HERE!
OTA download for BBFileScout HERE!