I am definitely not one that would ever read a book on my BlackBerry, but I do know several people that do. So for those that do……. Enjoy!
The world’s largest bookseller, announced today the launch of the Barnes & Noble eBookstore , the world’s largest eBookstore, for a range of platforms, including the BlackBerry® smartphones.
Get 4 FREE eBooks!
Just install the eReader and sign into your B&N.com account — it takes less than a minute.
Then start enjoying these great features:
* Automatic downloads of your latest Barnes & Noble eBook purchases and samples
* Access to download eBooks from your Online Library anytime
* Bookmarks, note taking & highlight functionality
* Lookup function for dictionary, Wikipedia or Google
* Portrait or landscape display modes
* Customizable font, margins and page gestures
Press Release Excerpts:
* Barnes & Noble’s eBookstore offering its customers seamless access to more than 700,000 titles, including hundreds of new releases and bestsellers at only $9.99, making it the world’s largest selection of eBooks available in one place. The company expects that its selection will increase to well over one million titles within the next year, inclusive of every available eBook from every book publisher and every available eBook original, which is a fast growing marketplace.
* More than a half-million public domain books from Google, which can be downloaded for free. Readers can discover and explore this rich treasure trove, including everything from classic works by well-known writers to long-forgotten and obscure titles that are historically much harder to access.
* An upgraded version of its eReader application, which was part of the company’s Fictionwise acquisition earlier this year. This device-agnostic eBook application supports both wireless and wired access to the new Barnes & Noble eBookstore. Millions of internet-enabled devices are currently supported by eReader, including the nation’s two leading smartphone device families from Apple and BlackBerry®, as well as most Windows® and Mac® laptops or full-sized computers.
The celebrated short story “Benjamin Button” comes free with the B&N eReader, so you can start reading immediately. Sign in or create a B&N.com account and you’ll also get these FREE titles waiting for you in your Online Library:
* Pride and Prejudice
* Little Women
* Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary
Requires at least 1.1 MB of free memory.
Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8350i, 8900
Pearl 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, 8220
BlackBerry 8703e, 8707, 8800, 8820, 8830
Storm 9500, 9530